If your cell phone is automatically switching off and on without any reason, this discussion will help you in learning how to repair it. However, if you do not want to experiment with your precious phone, you can always visit a Halifax phone repair store. Your phone may be switching off automatically either due to a hardware or a software issue. However, until you start repairing your cell phone using a sequential and step by step process, it is not possible for you to know the exact cause of the problem. Most of the times the steps that need to be followed to sort out the problem are quite similar for gadgets like tablets and cellular phones – including iPads and iPhones.
Some of the reasons your handset is switching off automatically are as follows:
• Your cell phone battery may not be connected properly.
• A virus may have infected your cell phone.
• The OS or Operating System software of your device has become corrupted.
• The circuit board of the phone may be covered by moisture or dust which is creating a disturbance.
• Some of the hardware components of your device such as ICs, capacitors or resistors have failed.
Troubleshooting steps for repairing auto-switch off problems
1. Battery connection should be checked: You need to find out whether the battery of your handset has been connected properly to the battery jack. Ensure that the terminals on the battery are cleaned properly. If your phones switches on after doing so, the auto-switch off problem may be occurring due to a loose connection.
2. Settings to be reset: You can try this step; though chances of the problem getting resolved are very slight. You can use options like ‘factory reset’, ‘restore settings’ or ‘reset settings’ by navigating to the settings menu in your handset.
3. The handset may have to be formatted: Before formatting the handset, all your data should be backed up. The MMC should be formatted as well. In case the problem gets solved, virus infection in the software could have been the cause of the problem.
4. The device may have to be flashed: Flashing your device means that the operating system of your device is being reinstalled. Specially designed flasher box or flasher software is required to reinstall your device’s operating system. You can do it yourself if you know how to do it. You could also visit a Halifax phone repair store if you do not want to flash your phone yourself.
5. Get your phone serviced: Sometimes you may need to service your phone and clean the entire device to get it working. When doing so, you should adhere to all the instructions on how to do go about servicing your mobile phone. You need to dismantle the entire gadget and ensure that its PCB is cleaned either with alcohol or with spirit. The PCB should be dried before you switch on your cell phone. If the auto-switch problem gets solved this way, it means that the occurrence of the problem was due to dust or moisture.