Few manufacturers have acquired as much name and fame in the knife industry as Microtech Knives, Inc. Established in Vero Beach (Florida) in 1994, the company has been winning over patrons with quality knives since over two decades. Even today, its products remain highly sought after by officials, such as law enforcement officers, government officials, the U.S. military personnel, and consumers alike.
Its popularity is such that no matter where you are in the world, you will find Microtech knives for sale with ease. No matter what store you walk into, or browse over the Internet, you’re sure to find a Microtech Halo V, or say a Microtech Combat Troodon for sale.
Find it hard to believe? Check it out for yourself. Because Microtech knives are excellent, innovative products, retailers and distributors continue to keep all Microtech knives for sale in their online or offline stores. And this is why finding Microtech knives for sale on the World Wide Web will be easy as pie! If you need to find a place to look, check out www.eknives.com !
Seven major milestones in the history of Microtech Knives
• 1994 – Microtech Knives Inc., is founded by Anthony and Susan Marfione. Production of side-opening automatic knives begins.
• 1995 – The first Out-The-Front (OTF) automatic knife is launched in the Microtech Combat/Front Opener (CFO) series. Meanwhile the company continues to fine tune the CFO. Later the same year, the Microtech Halo series is launched. It becomes a raging hit between collectors because of its revolutionary tactical OTC auto-opening features and goes on to become a Microtech classic. Becomes available in all shops across the U.S..
• 1999 – The first Double Action (D/A) automatic knife is launched as Microtech Ultratech. Another OTF model, Ultratech goes on to become the flagship D/A model of the entire U.S.
• 2003 – The company scales its Ultratech Double Action technology to produce two models. The UTX 70 is the smaller, more easy-to-carry variant of the 1999 Ultratech and has been scaled down by 70 percent than the original. The Scarab is the larger, more bulky and beefy variant. It is a double-springer D/A OTF automatic knife, which soon becomes the quality standard for other knife manufacturers.
• 2006 – The company gives in to consumer demand and creates its first true tactical survival knife. It’s a fixed-blade knife and is sold under the name Microtech Currahee. The same year, another best-seller is launched – the small, easily concealable and sleek D/A OTF, Troodon. Troodon is a huge success and it spawns a larger-variation, the Microtech Combat Troodon, which again, goes on to become the gold standard in big tactical combat knives.
• 2011 – Microtech releases the Select Fire line of side-opening auto knives, which let users turn the auto-opening feature ‘On’ or ‘Off’ with the turn of a key. This is the first time ever in the history of knives, that a side-opener offers such flexibility of choice. Select Fire tops all Microtech Knives for sale that year, and earns Microtech an award for the turnkey innovation.